In this article:
- High speed Tew-684UB 450Mbps USB Adapter
- Linksys AE3000 dual band N900 USB adapter
- Linksys AE-2500 dual band USB adapter
- TP-Link TL-WN822N High gain USB Adapter
Various types of high performance wireless routers are introduced into the market today to provide high performance wireless network, high speed and wider network coverage for larger home. You can find high performance N750 routers such as Linksys E4200 series, Netgear WNDR4000 N750 and its new introduction with N900 technology WNDR4500 N900 router and still lots.
How can you obtain the maximum data rate transfer with these high performance, high speed routers? Upgrade your wireless clients with high speed USB adapter. Both ends of the router and the adapter use the same high speed technology for maximum data rate throughput, eliminating the bottleneck traffic.
TRENDnet TEW-684UB 450Mbps
I think this is the first wireless USB adapter with the high speed of 450Mbps introduced into the market. It doesn’t look sleek off course like other micro USB adapter which can be inserted into the USB port of the laptop while on the go, but this one you need the USB cable for connecting to the port.
- Up to 450Mbps high speed ideal connecting to N750 or N900 routers
- Can be used for connecting to gaming consoles, DVRs, smart HDTV
- Includes one Gigabit Ethernet port
- WPS button
Click here for manufacturer’s spec details (TEW-684UB)
Linksys AE3000 High Speed Wireless N900 USB Adapter
This is what Linksys promises to its loyal users – the ultimate speed of the wireless USB adapter with the speeds of up to 450Mbps each band, selectable off course. This AE3000 is ideal solution to work with latest generation of wireless N900 network environments such as the networks with Linksys EA6500 wireless ac cloud router, Netgear ultimate speed R6300 ac router, or Buffalo Wzr-D1800h blazing speed ac router. There will come more wireless ac routers – the ultimate wireless gigabit speed routers with latest 5G wifi technology to work with.
- Wireless 450Mbps dual band you may select to meet your high speed network
- Full internal 3×3 full MIMO antenna array for maximum range
- Include USB cap and adapter base
Linksys AE2500 High Performance Dual-Band N USB Adapter
Linksys AE2500 is the previous generation of Linksys high speed wireless USB adapters before AE3000. This USB adapter was to support the E-series of Linksys wireless routers with dual band network such as Linksys E2500 and other N600 wireless routers.
- Wireless Dual-Band N (2.4 or 5 GHz) selectable band to meet your network, powered by MIMO antenna technology to boost the signal strength
- High speed up to 300 Mbps ideal connection to N600 or N750 routers
- Optimized for streaming video & gaming particularly in 5GHz band
Click here for manufacturer’s description and spec details (AE2500).
TL-WN822N High gain USB Adapter
Unlike the first two USB adapters above, TP-Link TL-WN822N is engineered with high gain external antennas which can be bent and adjusted to get a better signal strength. With this antenna, the adapter can reach longer distance coverage. The adapter is ideal in connecting to any wireless N300 up to N600 routers for optimal throughput.
- Wireless N300 adapter ideal for HD video streaming and voice applications
- Includes dual external antennas to enhance signal reception
- QSS button (it’s like WPS) for secure connection
- Includes 1.5meter USB extension cable
Click here for manufacturer’s spec (TL-WN822N).
You may also like: