You are here: Wireless Routers (Home) - Specs
Manufacturer Description and Specs:
- Like Two Routers in One! Simultaneous Dual Band Wireless (2.4GHz & 5Ghz)
- Superior Performance over Competing Wireless N Routers
- Includes SharePort™ technology* for Sharing USB Devices like Printers and Storage over Your Network
- Optimized for HD Video Streaming
- Prioritizes All Network Traffic for Uninterrupted Performance
- D-Link Green Product
Dual band performance with up to 300Mbps speed on each band. Dual Band means you can power multiple wireless devices, simultaneously, without sacrificing connectivity. It's like having 2 high-performance Wi-Fi networks in your home.
BENEFITS OF DUAL BAND
The D-Link® Xtreme N™ Dual Band Gigabit Router (DIR-825) uses dual band technology to support 2.4GHz & 5GHz wireless signals at the same time. This allows you to check e-mail and browse the Internet using the 2.4GHz band while simultaneously streaming High-Definition (HD) movies and other media on the 5GHz band. The DIR-825 is designed for users looking to get a true HD wireless connection that can handle multiple HD video streams throughout the house, while being backward compatible with existing 802.11g and 802.11a products.
D-Link has created SharePort™ technology to bring more flexibility to your network. With SharePort technology, you can connect a USB printer and share it throughout your network. You can also share a USB storage device, providing network storage for everyone to share*.
WHY INTELLIGENT QoS IS BETTER!
With some routers, all wired and wireless traffic, including Voice over IP (VoIP), Video Streaming, Online Gaming, and Web browsing are mixed together into a single data stream. By handling data this way, applications like Streaming Video could pause or delay. With the D-Link Intelligent QoS Prioritization Technology, wired and wireless traffic are analyzed and separated into multiple data streams. These streams are then categorized by sensitivity to delay, so applications like VoIP, Video Streaming, and Online Gaming can be given top priority. This enables multiple applications to stream smoothly to your TV or PC.
Delivering best-in-class performance, network security, and coverage, the Xtreme N Dual Band Gigabit Router (DIR-825) is the ideal centerpiece for your wireless network in the home or office.
D-Link Green™ devices are about providing eco-friendly alternatives without compromising performance. They are designed to help conserve energy, protect our environment from harmful substances, and reduce waste by using recyclable packaging.
- Automatically powers down ports that have no link
- Budgets power output for different Ethernet cable lengths
- Includes wireless LAN scheduling, which can shut down your wireless network when not in use for further power savings
- Reduces energy consumption by using an Energy Star® qualified power adapter
PROTECTING THE ENVIRONMENT
- Complies with the European Union's RoHS directive that restricts the use of certain hazardous materials
- Uses recyclable packaging to help reduce waste that goes into the environment
- IEEE 802.11n
- IEEE 802.11g
- IEEE 802.11a
- IEEE 802.3
- IEEE 802.3u
- Power Adapter
- 10/100/1000 Port with Auto
- RJ-45 Connector
- 4 Gigabit LAN Ports
- 1 Gigabit WAN Port
- 1 USB Port (for SharePort™ & Windows® Connect Now)
- Dual band 2.4GHz and 5GHz
- IEEE 802.11n (Wireless): Up to 300Mbps (PHY rate)
- WPA™ & WPA2™ (Wi-Fi Protected Access)
- Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ (WPS) - PIN & PBC
Wireless frequency range
- 2.4GHz ~ 2.4835GHz
- Two external reverse SMA dual band antennas
Minimum System Requirements
- PC with 200MHz processor
- 64MB memory
- Windows 7, Vista,XP SP3
- Ethernet interface (1000Mbps)
Advanced Firewall Features
- Network Address Translation (NAT)
- Stateful Packet Inspection (SPI)
- VPN Pass-through / Multi-sessions PPTP / L2TP / IPSec
Shareport Function Support
- Allows connection of printer to USB port
- 32° to 104°F
- -4° to 149°F
- 10% to 90% non-condensing
- 5% to 95% non-condensing
- 1DC 12V/2A
Maximum Power Consumption
- FCC Part 15 Class B
- CE EMC Class B
- CE CLass B
- Compatible with Win7
- Item (WxDxH): 7.6" x 4.6" x 1.2"
- Packaging (WxDxH): 11.1" x 9.6" x 3.1"
- Item: 0.7 lbs
- Packaging: 2.0 lbs