You are here: Wireless Routers (Home) - Specs
Manufacturer Description and Specs:
SURFboard® SBG6580 Series Wi-Fi®Cable Modem Gateway
- Efficient Stylish and space-saving enclosure
- Compatible with Motorola’s 3D-Reach® Wi-Fi adapters for easy expansion of the home local area network
- Reliable and Secure Wi-Fi security WEP/WPA/WPA2
- Advanced firewall with DoS protection and intrusion prevention
- Wi-Fi Wizard for secure PC client setup
- Remote configuration and monitoring from the headend using SNMP and TFTP
- Enhanced security: supports AES traffic encryption.
- Provider Benefits Flexible pricing options
- Greater pricing flexibility resulting from multi-service packaging and migration of customers to higher-revenue / margin Wi-Fi offerings
Strengthen your broadband leadership — Count on Motorola’s SURFboard DOCSIS®/ EuroDOCSIS 3.0 solutions to help you deliver innovative, ultra-broadband data services and advanced high-bandwidth home networking to your premium customers.Motorola’s Service Assured DOCSIS 3.0 Solutions enable you to deliver increased bandwidth, enhance security, and cost-effectively deploy data services to your bandwidth-demanding consumers – all while maximizing current infrastructure investment and lowering capital spending.
Next Generation High-Bandwidth Services and Home Networking in a Stylish Package
The SBG6580 SURFboard Wi-Fi Cable Modem Gateway enables the delivery of innovative ultra-broadband data and multimedia services as well as high-bandwidth home networking. Designed for seamless mobility, Motorola’s SBG6580 is a fully integrated all-in-one home networking solution that combines the functionality of a DOCSIS/EuroDOCSIS 3.0 cable modem, four-port 10/100/1000 Ethernet switch with advanced firewall, and an 802.11n Wi-Fi access point in a sleek, stylish package for the sophisticated consumer. It’s the perfect networking solution for the home, home office, or small business, allowing users to create a custom network to share a single ultra-broadband connection, files, and networked peripherals using wired or Wi-Fi connectivity. Cost-effective, efficient, and secure, the SBG6580 enables users to maximize the potential of their existing resources, while benefiting from next generation high-bandwidth services.
Increased Data Rates
Utilizing the power of DOCSIS 3.0, the SBG6580 enables channel bonding of up to 8 downstream and 4 upstream channels – which allows an operator to offer their customers advanced multimedia services, capable of data rates of well over 300 Mbps in DOCSIS and 400 Mbps in EuroDOCSIS in the received (downstream) data stream and over 100 Mbps in the send (upstream) data stream. The SBG6580’s high-speed services enable operators to
- Protect their installed base of premium high-speed data customers.
- Deliver high-bandwidth, multimedia services to residential customers.
- Deliver competitive, high-capacity commercial services to their business customers.
The SBG6580 eliminates the need for stand-alone routers, hubs, and access points. Its four gigabit Ethernet RJ-45 ports, an integrated 802.11n Wi-Fi access point with an internal 2 x 2 antenna array, and switched on-board radios (2.4 or 5 GHz) enables users to maximize the high-bandwidth potential of their home or business network.
As part of Motorola DOCSIS 3.0 Ultra-Broadband family of products, the SBG6580 includes an enhanced tuner that supports up to a 1 GHz downstream input allowing operators to increase the frequency spectrum for deployment of new high-value services such as bandwidth on-demand, commercial services, interactive gaming, and IPTV to their customers.
The SBG6580 is equipped with a number of security features to offer consumers peace of mind, including:
- Firewall with DoS protection and intrusion prevention
- DHCP, NAT, VPN endpoint, VPN tunneling
- Wi-Fi security WEP/WPA/WPA2 with easy setup wizard
- User-friendly, secure mobile pairing: Wi-Fi Wizard removes end-user complexity for secure PC client setup and Push button configuration for WPS compliant clients