You are here: Wireless Routers (Home) - Specs
Manufacturer Description and Specs:
CMD31T (replacement CM232)
- Unprecedented data rates on an HFC network: 152 Mbps or 200 Mbps (DOCSIS or EuroDOCSIS) with 108 Mbps upstream
- Backwards compatible with DOCSIS 2.0, 1.1 and 1.0 Cable Modem Termination Systems
- As simple to install as plugging it in and needs "no customer optioning," driving support costs toward zero
Unprecedented Speeds over a DOCSIS Network
The CMD31T/CME31T DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem enables service providers to offer unprecedented speeds on an HFC network. The cost-effective CMD31T/CME31T bonds four channels in each direction together to deliver usable downstream data rates of 152 Mbps (CMD31T, DOCSIS) or 200 Mbps (CME31T, EuroDOCSIS) with 108 Mbps upstream (up to four times that of conventional DOCSIS 2.0 technology).
The CME31T also provides hybrid mode. This feature allows the service provider to deploy the CMD31T/CME31T in a network that uses EuroDOCSIS 8 MHz downstream channel. The CMD31T/CME31T is fully compliant with DOCSIS 3.0 and is backwards compatible with DOCSIS 2.0, 1.1 and 1.0. The CMD31T/CME31T have been Cable Labs certified against industry leading channel bonding cable modem termination systems. The CMD31T/CME31T is future proof with support for IPv6.
With the CMD31T/CME31T, MSO's now have a cost effective competitive weapon to combat the ADSL2+, VDSL and Fiber deployments from the telcos.
Easy to Install and Support
The CMD31T/CME31T is fully compliant with DOCSIS 3.0 for remote management and provisioning. The CMD31T/CME31T is as simple to install as plugging it in and needs “no customer management,” driving support costs toward zero. Post-installation, it is
easily managed with SNMP.
The CMD31T/CME31T offers both a USB 2.0 and Gigabit Ethernet port for users to take advantage of the very high-speed WAN connection.
- Standards Compliance: DOCSIS 3.0 (CMD31T), EuroDOCSIS 3.0 (CME31T), and backward compatible with CMTS's based on: DOCSIS 2.0, DOCSIS 1.1, DOCSIS 1.0.
- UDPv6, IPv6, IPv4, ARP, ICMP, DHCP, v6 client/server/relay, TTP, Bridging, PPP IPv6CP, IP fragmentation & reassembly, VPN Pass-through, TFTP, FTP client/server
- SNMP v1, v2 & v3, Command Line Interface, MAC provides extended network management MIB/diagnostic features including Syslog NV as well as immediate UCC, using independent resets for downstream and upstream as well as individual queue reset/flush for upstream queue, Ethernet MIB, Bridge MIB, Cable Device MIB, RF Interface IB
- Supports baseline privacy encryption (BPI+)
- WAN - coax F connector
- Gigabit Ethernet LAN
- USB 2.0 Client
Performance Specifications Upstream (Transmitter)
- Advanced QAM transmitter
- Takes burst or continuous data
- Provides FEC encoding and pre-equalization for DOCSIS applications
- Applies 4/8/16/64/128/256-QAM or S-CDMA modulation to the data stream
- Amplifies the signal through the integrated upstream power amplifier
- Provides a direct 0 MHz to 65 MHz analog output
- Four upstream channel bonding
- 2 Gsps upstream power DAC
- Combines RF receivers with advanced QAM and S-CDMA demodulators
- Can bond up to 4 downstream channels
- Receivers support 4/16/32/64/128/256/512/1024 QAM FEC decoding
- Delivers final data stream in a serial MPEG-2 transport format
- All gain, clock and tracking loops are integrated in the QAM receiver.
Front Panel LEDs
- Cable upstream (2 LEDs, 1/2 and 3/4)
- Cable downstream (2 LEDs, 1/2 and 3/4)